Monday, February 23, 2015

This really BUGS me!

This really BUGS me!  This numbers game with your age.

Every time you go to the doctor, urgent care, or emergency room, one of the first things you are asked is your date of birth.  They want the reply to be in numbers, like maybe 9-2-35.  When you answer it, they say, "Great, you remember your age."

But, do you?  We have repeated those numbers for decades.  But do people remember what they mean?

Take time out of your busy day and ask several elderly persons what those numbers mean.  I did, and I was shocked at what I learned.  "What does the 9 mean?"  Reply, "I don't know."  "What does the 2 mean?"  "I don't know."  What does the 35 mean?" "I don't know."  "Do you have any idea how old you are?"  "No".

So I need your help.  Is it just me that finds a problem with this?  If it is, I can live with it.  If there is a bigger problem with this, maybe we need to take a second look.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment